Skip to main content

Popular posts from this blog

Advanced Expert - Exam Practice 3

Vocabulary and Grammar For questions 1–6, read the text below and think of the word that best fits each gap. Use only one word in each gap. DECIDING ON MY FUTURE When I left school, I really had no idea of what I wanted to do next and found myself with a lot of (1)  __________ on my hands. I knew I wanted to do something useful that would enable me to help others, but had been warned by my father not to make any snap (2) __________ or decisions. He advised me to think long and hard, try a few jobs and talk to people in different areas as well as seek careers advice. The first job I got was working in a hospital as an orderly but after only a matter of months I felt (3) __________ in a rut and wanted out. It was, I realised, unsatisfying and really just a (4) __________ to an end. That simply wouldn’t do. However, when working at the hospital I did gain an insight into other work that people did there and, after attending an open day at the local nursing college, I rea

Reported speech: Special Introductory verbs

 

CAE Expert Progress test 2

Advanced Expert Progress Test 2 (Modules 3–4) ANSWER ALL THE QUESTIONS Vocabulary and Grammar 1 For questions 1–9, read the sentences below and decide which answer (A, B, C or D) best fits each gap. I’m not sure if the weather (1) _____ any good next Friday but let’s hope so. It’s been quite off and (2) _____ this week; showers one minute, sunshine the next. As long as it’s not windy, we’ll be fine. I know you’ve never done a parachute jump before but I guarantee you’ll get a real (3) _____ from it. Admittedly, the first time I had butterflies in my stomach the moment the plane left the (4) _____ and when it came to the actual jump, I found myself (5) _____ to the spot before someone kindly helped me out of the plane. As soon as I got over my initial fear, I realised how much I loved the experience and how silly it was to get into a (6) _____ about jumping out of the plane. After all, doing a tandem jump is really straightforward. Once they’ve given us the special (7)  __